Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dynon Supply Chain Problems

Default Dynon Supply Chain Problems

Received an email from Dynon (Experimental) today stating that due to supply chain problems they don't expect to be manufacturing or shipping Skyview HDX, SE or Classic displays until Feb 1, 2022 but subject to change. Said most other items remain in production. Guess I wouldn't be surprised to see other manufacturers with the same problem. On another note, talked to Debra at Kitfox to see about latest price and order a 912iS. Unfortunately they had placed their last engine order for this year and expect a price increase for 2022. Can't wait to see that gem. Hopefully when they reopen on Jan. 3 we can beat it.

Rick

Default Re: Dynon Supply Chain Problems

I had the first hint of supply chain problems when I was putting together my order for my MGL avionics. Inventory was fleeting and I feel like I dodged a bullet by placing my order when I did. I got everything I ordered from them, which was everything except my choice of transponder.

Fast forward to Thanksgiving I saw a black friday special offered by Uavionix. I pulled the trigger on what was a great discount for the EchoUAT which will give me ADS-B in/out, plus their GPS antenna. I saved several hundred dollars on the deal.

A week or so after they charged my credit card I didn't see anything about a shipping notice so I emailed. Got a response quickly that said they were waiting on parts before they could ship anything.

I accepted the response and I'm sure I'll get my parts, but many years ago I worked at a place that shipped retail items. I noticed that the guy who got all the packages ready every day wouldn't charge people's credit cards until the box was by the door waiting for the UPS driver. I asked about it and that is when I learned it's not legal to take someone's money for something you don't have. Doing so is called mail fraud and the postmaster has no sense of humor (or didn't before 2020 anyway).

Anyway like I said, I'm sure I'll get my products and I certainly don't need them this week. My plan is to buy the Sandia STX 165R but now I see Spruce has no inventory and MGL has raised the price about $300. That will whack much of the savings I was giving myself a high five over but at least they have one.
    Kitfox 5 (under construction)
    Commercial SE/ME, CFII

Alex

I had the same experience with uAvonix. I placed an order for a TailBeaconX in early November. They charged my card right away and put me on the waiting list. Then, I got the BlackFriday announcement about the sale, so I called and they told me that I would receive the discount price although may card had been reserved at the full retail.

Long story short, the TailBeaconX showed up about a week ago at the discount price. I have had no issues with uAvionix and they seem to be sincere about billing/shipping

Fred

Just got the email this morning that my Uavionics order has shipped. All is well!
    Kitfox 5 (under construction)
    Commercial SE/ME, CFII

I spoke with the guys over at Midwest Panel about getting a G3x coming for my bird and they told me there is currently a 10-12 month wait for a G3x. Also same for GNX375.
    Instagram- N985MK

Kitfox S7 STI - Building...Hope to be flying Fall 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by mattkalin View Post
    I spoke with the guys over at Midwest Panel about getting a G3x coming for my bird and they told me there is currently a 10-12 month wait for a G3x. Also same for GNX375.
    Hit up our board sponsor Stein Air. They pay the expenses for our board AND their wait for a G3X is weeks, not months. Just saying.
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by desertdave View Post
    Hit up our board sponsor Stein Air. They pay the expenses for our board AND their wait for a G3X is weeks, not months. Just saying.
    Dave - I ordered my G3X from Stein about a month ago and waited two weeks. To say they were awesome to work with would be an understatement in that they gave me a delivery date for the G3X, the radio and some other parts and delivered it on time. I asked them how they were mitigating availability of parts with the supply chain issues we've all heard about on electronics. I guess they saw it coming and had pulled lead on ordering ahead to have some stock in the pipeline. I ordered my whole system from them and they let me spread it out over some time and still gave me the discount. Great people to work with. Credit where credit is due here.

Gary
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi N68SG

Quote Originally Posted by desertdave View Post
    I have no doubt that Stein is a great company! However I wanted to go with someone local to me so that if I have issues, I will already have a relationship with help close by. Not sure why Midwest is telling me 10 months and Stein is weeks? Something seems off I will talk to them again about that.
    Instagram- N985MK

Kitfox S7 STI - Building...Hope to be flying Fall 2023!

Just for balance... Midwest Avionics is the US distributor for MGL Avionics... also a supporter of our great TeamKitfox Forum.

Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by mattkalin View Post
    I ordered a G3x 10" PFD from Aircraft Spruce last week and it arrived a few days later.

Victor
    Building SS7
    915iS
    Garmin G3x