Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Dirt cheap paint sprayer

Default Dirt cheap paint sprayer

I may be wishful thinking here. I need to do some painting (with Ranthane) on a set of composite floats and I'm trying to avoid getting all geared up again, as I sold all my gear from painting the plane. I used a turbine HVLP system back then and really enjoyed it over spraying with a compressor gun. I'm wondering if anyone has used the VERY cheap turbine systems sold for home use, like painting cabinets. I'm not sure I see why this would not work. Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003PGQI48...spray-gun&th=1

Default Re: Dirt cheap paint sprayer

I used this unit, has worked fantastic for me

https://www.amazon.com/NEU-MASTER-N3...ps%2C70&sr=8-5

Yup saw that one too. What paint were you shooting with?

I still don’t understand why these systems are so cheap. And commonly used for very nice finishes in the woodwork/home owner world. However a citation/axis system, which theoretically does the same thing, is almost 10x the price.

I used it to spray the Poly system on my kitfox, and to paint a friends 701 with Rustolum thinned down with Acetone, (Plus many other things) It works great, kinda picky about being cleaned properly, So I spray half a jar of MEK threw the gun after each use and it works like a champ next time.

"I still don’t understand why these systems are so cheap. And commonly used for very nice finishes in the woodwork/home owner world. However a citation/axis system, which theoretically does the same thing, is almost 10x the price."

CHINA

Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X