Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Stringer Install

Default Stringer Install

In the process of installing the stringers on my fuselage. The written instructions 'say' to drill the brackets in the fuselage for rivets from both the top and bottom. BUT the illustration shows only one rivet installed and the quantity of parts listed on the drawing call out only 8 rivets. Hard to tell if that parts quantity is just one side or the install of both sides. Easy to say it's the quantity for one side but the rest of the parts called out in the drawing equal the quantities used for both sides. I am thinking the stringer only needs one rivet per bracket but wanted to see what others have done with this.

Thanks ahead of time.

Gary
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi N68SG

Default Re: Stringer Install

Gary,

I can't find any pictures to confirm it, but I'm pretty sure I used only one rivet per mounting saddle, installed on the top surface of each one (along with Hysol).
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Thanks John. Mechanically I can't see any advantage to two rivets. That's the way I have it right now and the good news is that I'm not in any hurry to get them fully dialed in so I can wait and see if there are others that think it's two and can tell me why.

Gary
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi N68SG

This thread used two per saddle and that's what I did.

https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/thread...nger#post93918
    Greg Anderson
    7SS in "production" : https://eaabuilderslog.org/?s=ganderson
    Richland, WA