Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Rotax 915is and VPX installation discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Rotax 915is and VPX installation discussion

Does anyone know how I can determine exactly what type of signal the 915is Lane A and B switches generate? It's just
    connected between 2 pins on an engine connectors HIC-A and HIC-B. Is 1 pin ground and the switch just connects the other pin to ground
    or is there power on one side and switch connects power to the other pin?

Eric, you implied that it's the former but is there a way to verify this? Maybe someone that has a 912is or 15is can measure
    what's happening on their system.

Victor
    Building SS7
    915iS
    Garmin G3x

Default Re: Rotax 915is and VPX installation discussion

Quote Originally Posted by VictorV View Post
    ...........Eric, you implied that it's the former but is there a way to verify this? Maybe someone that has a 912is or 15is can measure
    what's happening on their system.

Victor
    Victor - I think Eric was taking your original drawing at face value where you show one side of the Lane switch to be a ground. What Eric stated was correct for an electrical circuit based on what's on the drawing. You are right to try and figure out what Mother Rotax is doing for real since the Lane switch is nothing more than completing continuity between those two pins on HIC a and B.

Since I am going to use a 912is and the VPX I am watching this with a lot of interest.

G
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi N68SG