Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Considering a prop upgrade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Considering a prop upgrade

I was looking at the E-Prop Glorieuse the other day. Looked like an interesting alternative.
    Mike
    Building the JaMFox N677JM
    Kitfox 5 Vixen
    KRNM

I too am in the market for a new prob. Currently flying a 3-blade 68" Warp Drive. It has good performance, but a little heavy and not easily ground adjustable. I've been debating on the Duc easy ground adjust or IFA. The e-prob looks almost too good to be true. 4kg for hydraulic IFA with electronic control?!? I've got to see one of these things in action.
    Brian Cass
    KF Model IV Speedster
    Rotax 912UL

Has anyone looked in the Sensenich GA prop? Repitch uses an indexing pin and can be done in about 10 mins including spinner removal. Pre determined pitch pins you slide in and just rotate the blades until they touch. Not sure they make one for the Rotax hub, but Im betting you could find a adapter to run it. Real slick setup.
    S7 STi O-320 currently flying

Default Considering a prop upgrade

Thats what I have my Continental 0-200 attached to , I love it. Yes they make them for Rotax hubs, two and three blade models.
    Michael Meyers
    KF IV
    Las Vegas, NV

So, I’m wondering if your Sensenich is a two blade and what the diameter is? I am always thinking about what prop I will use on my 912 ULS powered Vixen (currently using a Ivo Ultralight). The seemingly more efficient blade angle adjustments (used by the Sensenich) is very attractive. Sensenich has been around for lots of years and is a domestic company (made in the USA).

I am also curious about whether Sensenich will eventually get into carbon fiber ground adjustable propellers for a Cessna 150 Certified aircraft (I have one of those too). As of now, Sensenich does have a STC’d prop for the O-200 and O-235 on Cubs.

Skot
    Kitfox Vixen 912 ULS
    N24V at C29

Visit their website and all your questions will be answered.

https://www.sensenich.com/product-category/aircraft/
    Michael Meyers
    KF IV
    Las Vegas, NV