I am trying to work out which engine is right for me, my Kitfox SS7 should be with me hopefully in the next couple of weeks (left Kitfox 2 months ago), It will have Grove gear and 8.50 tyres an Airmaster prop with 70" Whirlwind blades, I also have a Rotax 912is firewall forward package coming with the kit so why am I still trying to work out which engine.
My airfield is at 377' and I will most probably not operate from any strip above 1500'. Landing performance is normally dependent on the weight of the aircraft and the pilot's skill but take off performance is more to do with the weight of the aircraft and the power the aircraft has but skill does play a part.
I have configured the aircraft to give me a good turn of speed and still operate off the farm strips we have in the UK. With an SS7 configured as above and using my operating criteria and a half decent pilot what will be the shortest take off or landing or another way of asking if you can get in can you get out, obstacles not included.

You know the Question.