Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: What the heck is this thing?!?!

Default What the heck is this thing?!?!

So I’m doing my wiring and found this gem tucked under my seat. No part number, just a bunch of wires. Anyone have a part number or know what the heck this thing is?

0A54F97B-9BA8-4FDE-B326-D22E949AEAC2.jpg71E3252B-7D10-453E-8B06-C99B53C26089.jpg

Default Re: What the heck is this thing?!?!

Could it be an enclosure for a relay(s) to control a trim servo(s)? MAC is a well known trim-systems manufacturer.

If there are no components on the other side of the grommets (with the small wires going through them), then it is probably just a simple terminal strip to connect one set of wires to others.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Appreciate the input! The wiring coming from the elevator trim gauge and the switch are going to the terminals corresponding to some that are going into that little control box. I’ll have to do a bit of digging to see what’s being used on the current systems as this thing isn’t looking too good and was originally mounted low where moisture would settle.

Well to close out this thread, it was indeed an old relay box from MAC. The way the wiring to the relay box as well as the switch and trim indicator was a real blast. Called the manufacturer and they let me know that with how this plane is wired, this control box was useless and could be removed. Began pulling the associated wiring and all unnecessary components and now have about 3,5 pounds of wire and crap laying under the plane - real hoot!