Quote Originally Posted by alexM View Post
In post #3 Arlina shows where he used some stainless steel strips.

I'm on the fence about this one. I have fully rigged my rudder but nothing is covered, so I could do something without major surgery if needed. I'm surprised I didn't notice the riding condition when I rigged it (I do have the "speedster" tail). The down side is that I actually prefer a sensitive rudder on a tail dragger, and lengthening those horns means the rudder pedals will need a more dramatic poke to keep the tail of the plane behind the front - always the favored orientation.
Alex, No such thing as a dramatic poke required with the Series 5 stock rudder horns or lengthened in my humble opinion , I've got a tad over a 1000 hrs in mine now and I still think the rudder control is overly sensitive and could be toned down to a more subtle feel. On hard surfaces the weight of my toe is all thats required for a directional change and by lengthening the horn I feel like goldilock that the rudder feel might be just right. I you get a chance to fly a 5 with the stock setup it might help you decide. (whatever you do don't wear boots, even in the winter I wear light shoes and throw a pair of boots in the back) Bruce N199CL