Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912 aftermarket ignition modules

Default 912 aftermarket ignition modules

During a recent run up and mag check we discovered one ignition module was bad. This 912ULS has the older 6 and 4 pin connectors and a single replacement module can set a guy back nearly a $1000.

A forum member pointed me in direction of a Barnstormers add for replacement aftermarket modules and which can be found at https://www.barnstormers.com/classified-1604831-Rotax-CDI...

These come with longer wires to get the module away from the heat and vibration of the stock location on top of the engine and as a extra bonus a built in soft start. After mounting the ignition on the fire wall the first start was immediate and smooth and we picked up about 200 rpms in climb out.

20211015_080957.jpg

Default Re: 912 aftermarket ignition modules

[QUOTE=ScottS97385;101895]During a recent run up and mag check we discovered one ignition module was bad. This 912ULS has the older 6 and 4 pin connectors and a single replacement module can set a guy back nearly a $1000.

A forum member pointed me in direction of a Barnstormers add for replacement aftermarket modules and which can be found at https://www.barnstormers.com/classified-1604831-Rotax-CDI...

These come with longer wires to get the module away from the heat and vibration of the stock location on top of the engine and as a extra bonus a built in soft start. After mounting the ignition on the fire wall the first start was immediate and smooth and we picked up about 200 rpms in climb out.

20211015_080957.jpgITS a unplug/plug replacement? Im need to update mines.......]

I bought one of those modules a year or so ago for my 80 HP 912. Just used it for testing purposes so far, but it worked fine. I'm going to get another one from him eventually with the 6 pin connectors on it for my 100 HP 912, so I can have the built in soft start module. I've also bought a propeller from this seller and that worked out fine as well. I would not hesitate to do business with this guy again. JImChuk

Quote Originally Posted by skyfox View Post
    ITS a unplug/plug replacement? Im need to update mines.......]

Yes it is, you may have to add a single wire over to the starter solenoid to activate the soft start feature.

Scott