Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Feb. 2010 Kitfox of the Month Paul Zimmerman

Default Re: Feb. 2010 Kitfox of the Month Paul Zimmerman

Go, Paul, go!
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Default Re: Feb. 2010 Kitfox of the Month Paul Zimmerman

Well I had a problem with my AF-3500 EFIS Panel, I had my AHRS loose the controller CCA to the Magnetometer. I contacted Advanced Flight about repair, and due to the cost of repair versus the discount they offered as trade in I decided for the difference in cost to upgrade to an AF-5600.

Here are some of the installation photo’s. Now that I am a Certified LSR-M it was an entertaining project. The AF-5600 was just a little larger than the AF-3500. John McBean cut me a template, to assure it will fit, and I must admit he was correct it will fit, but man it was a tight fit. I got everything communicating, and the GPS communicating.

I really like some of the new options on the AF-5600, along with a larger Font on the Engine Instrument. I can read them now. I can do a flight plan on my iPad on Fore Flight, and when I get to the airport it can be sent wireless to the AF-5600. It also has all of the VFR Sectional Charts.

It was either raining or hot most of the days I worked on it. Now we have a Tropical Depression wait for the Tropical Depression Bill needs to blow thru before I get to go test fly it. I can’t wait to go fly it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas