Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Feb. 2010 Kitfox of the Month Paul Zimmerman

Default Re: Feb. 2010 Kitfox of the Month Paul Zimmerman

Tripple dawg dare ya Steve ,..and wow ,..that's just too much snow Dave,..been there ..done that ,..my last storm in NH was 53 inches ..I moved that week to NC ha ha

All that snow sure does hinder any kitfox flying for sure. even with ski's,..especially if it's a powder snow.

Chase

Now, now, take and look at the picture again, there is power lines that go up over 100ft and they are lined all the way down to 20ft off. In other words a brick wall of wires. Don't think so.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

Steve,

I am sure the power lines are no problem for a seasoned Kitfox pilot like yourself!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

David

It looks like your daughter might have some trouble getting out of her house, and I'm wineing about a little snow here in Tejas!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    Steve,

I am sure the power lines are no problem for a seasoned Kitfox pilot like yourself!
    Oh yes they are.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

Well it is about time the weather cleared enough the last two days that I finally got to get some flying time. Wednesday (2/17/10), I got to the Mesquite airport and did a couple of touch and goes in. Today (2/18/10), I took a short cross country about 50 miles to Van Zandt, Canton and back to Mesquite. I was at 80% power, cruising at approximately 110. It was a nice flight there were a lot of frustrated pilots in the air, I was surprised how busy Mesquite Airport was. I made an EXCELLENT landing on my return to Mesquite. I definitely like the AFS 3500 Moving Map GPS! You dial in the airport ID, select go to, and away we go. Then I put away the plane and drove to work. My next excursion is from Mesquite to Norman OK.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Paul, congrats. on the better weather. Get practiced up. The DFS fly in is rapidly approaching. That'll give your AFS 3500 a little work to do getting you safely around Phoenix's airspace the end of March. If it's ok I'll hang on to your two KOTM hats and give them to you in person at the fly in. Little extra incentive. Don't forget to email Cara and reserve a prime lodging spot for you and Dorothy. I can almost guarantee no snow during the fly in.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I called Cara and got a room! I am in the process of updating the software on the AFS 3500, I need a 2 Gig SD Card, went an purchased one. They say to format it using FAT32 ? I put it in the computer but it says it can't format the disk. I guess I get tio talk to the IT Tech geeks tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Paul, congrats. on the better weather. Get practiced up. The DFS fly in is rapidly approaching. That'll give your AFS 3500 a little work to do getting you safely around Phoenix's airspace the end of March. If it's ok I'll hang on to your two KOTM hats and give them to you in person at the fly in. Little extra incentive. Don't forget to email Cara and reserve a prime lodging spot for you and Dorothy. I can almost guarantee no snow during the fly in.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Hey Paul,
    Congrats on the Kitfox...Nice bird.
    Bring it over to Pecan Plantation some time and visit for a while.
    Regards, Don Saint

Hello Don

I was down in your neck of the woods last weekend. I was planning on calling to get clearance to fly in. I purchased a Zaon XRX PCAS, it will hook up directly to the AFS3500 and show traffic on the GPS. I need to figure out what I need to do to hook it up.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas