Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Foreflight Weight & Balance setup

Default Foreflight Weight & Balance setup

Anyone have W&B setup in Foreflight (preferably for a S5) that could share out the setup information? I realize I'll have to tweak it a bit for my specific plane, but I'm missing something in the basic setup and would love to have one as a point of reference.

Thanks,

JQ

Default Re: Foreflight Weight & Balance setup

IMG_9D14591F621F-1.jpg

Here's what I came up with. I believe there should be another forward CG limit entry based on W&B numbers I have for other airplanes, but I can't find reference to it.

Also, although there was a max weight for the baggage area, I didn't see one for the front seats. Is there a defined weight limit for an S5 or no limit as long as you don't exceed MGW?

JQ

Your numbers look ok to me, my plane is heavier with IO-240B but your ForeFlight setup looks about
    same as mine. I have in my notes 150 lb max for the Cargo.

Couple differences.

For forward CG I have 10, and aft I have 14.8 (I have 1 degree forward wing sweep)
    For Baggage area station I have 46.9

Regards,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by n85ae View Post
    For Baggage area station I have 46.9
    We'll have to look into this more, but I saw a notation (from another kitfox 5 W&B) that said if you have the factory luggage bag, then the max weight was 40lb and ARM was 40.5

JQ

I'll have to look through my original notes at the airport next chance. Likely though the heavy nose Series 5 with
    the 1 degree forward wing sweep changes things. Lacking the manuals or notes, I can only mention what I have
    in my spreadsheet I created at build time.

Jeff

I have a KF 5 with a 7 nose and tail. The baggage ARM on mine is 46.9. I pulled that off of the original W&B. It checked out with the factory info I found online.