Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Autopilot Pitch Servo Connection to Forward Elevator Idler Bellcrank

Default Autopilot Pitch Servo Connection to Forward Elevator Idler Bellcrank

I need to attach a Dynon autopilot servo rod end bearing to the forward elevator bellcrank on my Super Sport. I'm about to have a guy weld some tabs onto the larger bellcrank tube so that I can bolt on to it. Before I do that, does anyone have any recommendations for making this connection?

Ideally, I'd use one of these clamps that I saw in another post, but not sure where to get such a thing: https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/attach...7&d=1452427974
    Doug
    Super Sport
    912ULS
    Constant Speed IVOProp

Default Re: Autopilot Pitch Servo Connection to Forward Elevator Idler Bellcrank

Here you go:
    IMG_1743.jpg
    Last edited by desertdave; 09-16-2021 at 12:37 PM.
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

Default Re: Autopilot Pitch Servo Connection to Forward Elevator Idler Bellcrank

Hi Doug , I saw you tried to PM me but my inbox was full, so I suspect you were inquiring about the "dutchman Clamps" that I made for my A/P install. If you search on the forum for Dutchman clamps, a post titled "adding weight to the tail " will come up , and if you scroll thru that post you will find some photos and a brief description on how the clamps are made . They are super strong and what i use for critical item attach points after a scary episode of adel clamps ripping in half . Bruce N199CL

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thank you Steve, I've got to learn how to do that, you da man. Bruce N199CL

Thanks Bruce. Great idea and quite a story about your battery breaking loose! I'll see if I can get one of the Dutchman clamps welded up.
    Doug
    Super Sport
    912ULS
    Constant Speed IVOProp