Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Screws

Default Screws

I noticed tonight that all the screws on my buss bar and the screws and posts that are in the avionics relay from Stein Air are non magnetic. So, should all screws in an electrical system be non magnetic? I got replacement screws for my Klixon breakers as I needed one just a bit longer and they are magnetic screws. I was just about to hook up my positive leads from the avionics relay to the buss bar when I realized all of this.
    Should these be brass screws with a plating?

Default Re: Screws

Quote Originally Posted by Flybyjim View Post
    I noticed tonight that all the screws on my buss bar and the screws and posts that are in the avionics relay from Stein Air are non magnetic. So, should all screws in an electrical system be non magnetic? I got replacement screws for my Klixon breakers as I needed one just a bit longer and they are magnetic screws. I was just about to hook up my positive leads from the avionics relay to the buss bar when I realized all of this.
    Should these be brass screws with a plating?
    Jim... please see my reply to your private message about this.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime