Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: throttle and choke return springs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: throttle and choke return springs

Jim,

No, I’ve got a standard friction lock type. I do like the idea of that “Vernier- Assist” design though. I’ve thought of trying one but I’m too lazy to mess with what I’ve got now.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

I believe McFarlane’s Rotax vernier throttle set up comes with the less aggressive springs. If not, order them at time of throttle purchase and install them right away. You won’t enjoy the stronger springs. Model 6’s take a different length cable compared to a model 7.
    I love my McFarlane vernier throttle system. Just be mindful not to loosen the friction wheel too much and pull the cable insides out.
    Little parts fall out. Luckily McFarlane has a video how to reinstall the little bits if you don’t lose any bits down your center console’s flap handle cut out.😢

https://www.mcfarlaneaviation.com/pr...otax-controls/

Vernier version:
    https://www.mcfarlaneaviation.com/pr...otax-controls/

Chose knob style, cables do not usually include a knob.
    https://www.mcfarlaneaviation.com/pr.../product/6620/

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    I believe McFarlane’s Rotax vernier throttle set up comes with the less aggressive springs. If not, order them at time of throttle purchase and install them right away. You won’t enjoy the stronger springs. Model 6’s take a different length cable compared to a model 7.
    I love my McFarlane vernier throttle system. Just be mindful not to loosen the friction wheel too much and pull the cable insides out.
    Little parts fall out. Luckily McFarlane has a video how to reinstall the little bits if you don’t lose any bits down your center console’s flap handle cut out.😢
    Thank you! You saved me from buying a duplicate set of springs I see now that it says that the throttle comes with the 6408 hardware kit which includes the springs.

Does anyone happen to know the ideal throttle cable length for the series 7? I have a series 6 but its a 7 firewall forward. I measured my existing throttle as well as I could while it was still installed and it appears to be 42". I did note that the product literature says "easy to trim to length" so I could just order the 6' one and then trim it to the same length as my existing throttle but if the 48" would work unmodified, I would rather let the factory de-burr the end of the coiled spring housings