Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Trailering Tail-First Problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Trailering Tail-First Problem

I trailer tail first for every outing. Only 5 miles and 50 mph. But I put the elevator slightly up till it touches the leading edges of the flaperons. I put some thick clear tape where the contact is made. So far, so good. But thanks for the heads up.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Hi Scot. I found these springs on eBay. I think they were for a Honda 50 minibike. With the wings open the springs are extended like they would be on a minibike before you sit on it. That's when you pin it in place. When you fold the wings they compress probably 1/2". It's worked perfectly for 5 yrs.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

I hangar my Kitfox IV-1200 at home in a detached garage. I trailer it to and from the airport, about 3 miles away in 5 minutes.

I support my elevator with two "clamps made from a top aluminum 3/4" square tubing, and a bottom 7/8" aluminum channel, both 32" long. The fasteners are 3" long 10/32 machine screws; one side has a wing nut, and the other a nylon nut. The pieces are covered in 3/4" pipe foam insulation.20211127_114237.jpg
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL