Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox S7 trim assist spring size

Default Kitfox S7 trim assist spring size

Can anyone who has the series 7 trim assist spring system please let me know the spring measurements and wire size please.

Default Re: Kitfox S7 trim assist spring size

My plane is a Series 5, but I can't imagine there would be any difference in the springs supplied for Series 5, 6 or 7 assist kits. Perhaps someone with a Series 7 can confirm similar measurements.

The overall length of the spring is 5.25". The coil section, excluding the end hooks, measures 3.875" long and 0.75" in diameter. The wire measures 0.107" in diameter.

Spring.jpg
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

Default Re: Kitfox S7 trim assist spring size

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Page View Post
    My plane is a Series 5, but I can't imagine there would be any difference in the springs supplied for Series 5, 6 or 7 assist kits. Perhaps someone with a Series 7 can confirm similar measurements.

The overall length of the spring is 5.25". The coil section, excluding the end hooks, measures 3.875" long and 0.75" in diameter. The wire measures 0.107" in diameter.

Spring.jpg
    Thanks Eric, a great help.