Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Forums on touring by trailered Kitfox and camper at AirVenture 2021

Default Forums on touring by trailered Kitfox and camper at AirVenture 2021

Again this year my wife and I will present two forums based on about fifteen years of touring the US coast to coast and border to border every year by camper and Kitfox in a trailer.
    We do not sell anything. Touring by Kitfox and camper has been so much fun for us and we have learned so much that we enjoy sharing the fun and many of the things we have learned to make the process fun, easy, simple, safe and less expensive for others.
    The forums will be in the Fun Fly Zone tent near the Red Barn (UL area).
    Thursday at 2;30 local will be an introduction to technical basics for success plus of course a bunch of aerial photos of some pretty cool locations from a low and slow perspective. Places we would never see from our Kitfox without the camper and trailer to make it practical.
    Friday at 2:30 local will be a much more in depth presentation on details to consider to be successful at touring. Included will be trailer selection details, critical consideration in camper van selection, towing and operation, plus strapping the plane to avoid bending the aft fuselage, tow ratings, sway control, China Bomb trailer tire alternatives, tips on "getting through the airport gate" with a camper van and aircraft trailer at different airports all over the country, various folding wing plane options, costs, tips on saving money while touring, legally towing a 9 foot wide trailer, advantages of certain folding wing plane designs for this process and of course a few aerial photos to wet your whistle. This forum has a lot of content. Hold on to your hat. I blast through a mini doctorate in under an hour.
    Our rig should be on display in the same area during most of the show. Stop by and pick my brain.
    If you know someone who may be interested - send them our way. Enjoy AirVenture!
    Bob Jones
    443-480-1023
    freedog7788@gmail.com

Default Re: Forums on touring by trailered Kitfox and camper at AirVenture 2021

Have a great show Bob.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Forums on touring by trailered Kitfox and camper at AirVenture 2021

Looking forward to seeing your presentation Bob.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med