Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Advanced Flight Systems AF 3400s

Default Advanced Flight Systems AF 3400s

Anyone have any experience with the Advanced flight systems AF-3400s?

The good...the bad.....?

My budget for avionics has gotten extremely small and I found a few of these that are reasonably priced.

Default Re: Advanced Flight Systems AF 3400s

When I bought my 7 back in 2015, it had an AFS 4500 System. I’ve never changed it out;
    I really like it. I’ve sent it back once to the factory for a programming update and to fix a problem. Can’t remember what it was, but the service was great and a very short turn around time. Really like that it has all the engine gages on the screen too. It has the map module, but I have an Ifly 740B that I use for navigation. The updates for the map module are done on an SD card. So far, there is no charge to update each month.

For a VFR Kitfox, it does everything I need. Shoot me a PM with your phone number if I can help out. I don’t know what is different between the two models, but AFS tech support can answer that question. They have also been very helpful when I needed a question answered

Regards
    Rodney

Default Re: Advanced Flight Systems AF 3400s

Thanks for the info. I was trying to find the 4500 series when I ran across the 3400 series on Ebay. I ended up passing on it since it was missing all of the plugs/wiring. (probably not a big deal since they can be sourced) I ran across a great deal on an MGL odyssey so I'll be installing that.

I am going with Ifly as well since I had that in my KF 4 and I know how it works.

Thanks again.