Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAA Releases Policy on Training in Certain Categories of Aircraft

Default Re: FAA Releases Policy on Training in Certain Categories of Aircraft

Once issued it is good for 2 years and it is free. I wouldn't wait till the last minute to not have a LODA and not be able to legally get your flight review. In the world of ADSB you never know when big brother might be watching.
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by desertdave View Post
    Once issued it is good for 2 years and it is free. I wouldn't wait till the last minute to not have a LODA and not be able to legally get your flight review. In the world of ADSB you never know when big brother might be watching.
    I two of them months ago. Think they'll email remind us or give us any indication before they expire?

I as well just got my LODA and it was fast and easy. The expiration is 48 months, which according to a video that Dan Johnson released on the subject is how long the FAA is forecasting to have a permanent solution. I am planning on instructing my family in our KF3 so I got the LODA for myself and not the aircraft. This way I can also instruct and evaluate in other friends planes. Of course I'll still need one for the plane when it comes time for check rides, but I have a couple months before the snow melts.