Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Shock Monster on SS 7

Default Shock Monster on SS 7

I bought the shock monster gear from Tony at TK-1 about 18 months ago, even before I received the kit from KF. I finally got to the point of the assembly where the landing gear gets on. The problem that I encountered is that the holes on the mounting plate on the top portion of the cabane do not line up with the mounts on the fuselage. I can put the bolts through either the front or the back set of holes, but not both. Looking up through the mounting plate, I can see a small crescent of the mount from the fuselage through the cabane mounting plate. Also, the mounting plate does not sit square on the fuselage with a gap at the back and a slight overhang at the front. The rear brackets fit perfectly.

Has anyone else had this problem? I will call Tony after the July 4th weekend is over, but I'm curious if I am the only soul unlucky enough to have had this happen?

Thanks

Fred

Default Re: Shock Monster on SS 7

Not sure if this helps, but here is an older 7.
    Had to improvise on some of the bolt legnths.
    Attached Images Attached Images

JCARD

Thanks for the pix. The problem I am having is not with the bolt lengths, it is with the bolt hole spacing that doesn't match up

Fred

There are several youtube videos about mounting the shock monster gear. More than one, I recall, had some work to do to get the gear legs to fit. The gear was straight and true, but it seems that the aircraft have small variances from plane to plane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwdToon8Hd4