As my build nears completion it gets heavier and subsequently harder to move around in my shop which is much smaller than a normal hanger. I bought some furniture dollies on casters in the aviation section of Harbour Freight to help move the plane around when I need to. I had been using my floor jack to lift up the plane (with some shaky spacers under my Groove gear cross bar) but they made me nervous every time I used them. There isn't a good spot on the plane for a floor jack to engage and lift each wheel, one at a time. I got to looking at my engine hoist and figured out a simpler way to lift each wheel up and on/off the furniture dollies. See pics below.

IMG_8358.jpgIMG_8359.jpg

The rope loop is about 30" from end to end and I just wrap it around my disc brake flange on my Cleveland brakes and lift each wheel up with my engine hoist. It works great whether the wings are folded or not to lift the plane up and onto (or off of) the furniture dollies. I know this isn't rocket science involved here and most of you have already figured out some other clever way to do this but this idea may be of interest to some of you out there that have an engine hoist. Cheers.