Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Need a Kitfox 7SS POH

Default Need a Kitfox 7SS POH

I just bought a 7SS from an estate. They did not have a POH they could find for the plane. Does anyone have a 7ss POH that I could use as a reference to make one for my airplane? Thanks,

Dave

Default Re: Need a Kitfox 7SS POH

You might create one based on what the FAA has in https://www.faa.gov/regulations_poli...1_phak_ch9.pdf

It has a good description of what you might want to have in a operating handbook. This is a good read.
    Maverick
    EAA, AOPA
    KF5 (N49FK & N36KJ)
    Phoenix, AZ

Your safest route would be to use the reference Maverick provided, get EAA's flight test manual and card deck, then conduct test flights to figure out what the actual numbers are for your airplane. Using someone else's POH will give you numbers for their plane, their engine, their CG envelope, their drag profile, etc. If you've got a factory POH sitting around for another GA plane, you'll have a good example to go from.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

Dave - sometimes I think putting a POH together is 75% admin and only 25% flying to get the numbers. I'll soon post mine, sans numbers, to help reduce the load - a lot. Good luck with the flying part, it is a lot more enjoyable.

Darrel, I'm keeping an eye out for your posted POH sans numbers. Just having the document format to follow would be a real help.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Carl - thanks for the reminder. I felt I had finished removing the "personalized to aircraft" numbers and references quite a few days ago and then got hung up with the condition inspection and family functions and, well, you know, forgot!! If it is small enough to attach herewith, it will be there. If not, you'll see the edit and request for an email so I can ship it out that way. Let me know if you see any errors or critical omissions. Otherwise, delete, edit, change, or modify to suit your needs.

Update: the first attempt to upload the file failed as the system won't accept a .docx file so I converted it to a .doc file with a warning that four times two features were changed. I'll try the load again but if you (or anyone) would like the .docx version, send a PM with your email address to me.

BTW - in full transparency, it began life as a POH for a commercial LSA and there is still some text remaining that either the marketing, engineering, or legal team thought needed. I don't think it affects the document one way or the other and left it in. What I'm saying: there is no pride of authorship so feel free to share opinions or observed errors and collectively anyone who weighs in will have an impact in making it a better document.

DIY Kitfox POH.doc
    Last edited by Delta Whisky; 07-09-2021 at 05:20 AM.

Thanks for that upload. It's a very complete document and having the structure will make completing this task much easier. Didn't see any glaring problems with the .doc format but will pm for .docx since it's available.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X