Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ignition Module Wires, Repair Advice

Default Re: Ignition Module Wires, Repair Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I have never heard this before. I always start mine with both ignitions turned on. Why would you only start with one ignition?
    I may be wrong on that, but I'm thinking that's how the instructions for the Bullyhawk unit stated. Now this isn't the same as the factory modules with soft start. Two different things, apologies for getting off topic.

Default Re: Ignition Module Wires, Repair Advice

This topic caught my interest, and the timing was good for ordering new modules during the rebuild of my 912UL powered K3. I did not suspect damaged wiring at the connectors, but they are almost 30 years old now so why not refresh.

While trying to get up to speed on ignition system refurbishing, it occurred to me that the potential vibration loading on the 100hp on straight floats would be far greater than an 80hp on wheels. There are no brakes on floats, and the 100hp wants to idle higher. So, maybe this exercise was not required – oh well, it will feel nicer to be up there with newer equipment.