Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Looking for real world Rotax 670 vs 582 performance numbers

Default Looking for real world Rotax 670 vs 582 performance numbers

The Rotax 582 in my KF3 is getting close to 300 hours and I'm looking at rebuild options. I definitely want to stay with the mounts and everything I have, but a little more HP would be nice since I'm thinking floats in the near future. Has anyone else made the swap to a "Rotax Rick" 670 who can post some real numbers (climb, cruise, etc) they saw with the swap? Before and after numbers would be nice. Thanks!

Default Re: Looking for real world Rotax 670 vs 582 performance numbers

I have converted from a 582 to a 670 with Mike Hair custom pipe 98 HP at ~6750 the percentage gain is however not the same at lower rpm ie climb but it is better. It does definitely have more power though. It will burn more fuel because the power is there I tend to use it. At current prop setting climb is 6500 RPM but it will hit 7200 at full power and pushes my mod 1 to redline of 100 MPH. Full power with 582 was 87 MPH. at 6700 RPM.

Nice! What prop are you using?

I am running IVO 68" 3 blade medium quick adjust. Had a 72" IVO 3 blade Ultralight but I was concerned with the higher power and extreme flex of the blade.