Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Ignition trigger coil placement

Default Ignition trigger coil placement

Can anyone verify the placement of the trigger coils. The top two seem to only be able to go one way but the bottom two could be placed so that either of the two are spaced out. I have it set up so that the inner triggers are straight across from each other and the same for the outer triggers.
    F2825CCC-AB5C-4118-A233-269E75083590.jpg

Default Re: Ignition trigger coil placement

Greg - the way I read the heavy maintenance manual (section 74, page 7 and 8) you have it correct.

Thanks, it’s hard to tell in the diagram.

Tonight I checked and set my trigger coils and I have 5 on mine --100uls. Your post seems to indicate 4?

Jim - four trigger coils and one tach coil. (BTW - physically the same coil.)

Quote Originally Posted by Flybyjim View Post
    Tonight I checked and set my trigger coils and I have 5 on mine --100uls. Your post seems to indicate 4?
    Yes you are correct! I’m missing the one for the tach. Looking for a used one but most likely going to have to purchase a new one. When you set yours what did you set them to and how much movement did you get? I have the old style with the dimple on the bottom side. From what I found in the heavy maintenance manual they should be set to.016-.020. I’m having trouble getting them all set because they don’t moved much. I thought about removing the dimple to allow more movement. The new style don’t have the dimple.