Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: license question number 2

Default license question number 2

I have decided to take ground school and get my license. question now is what to do about tail wheel training, I heard that a lot of new pilots ground loop there plane on the first flight, don't want that. I see stick and rudder require, I think 100 hours nose wheel to train someone in tail wheel or I would have to get my whole license thru them. I don't think I can get my whole license from them, time away from work wouldn't work for me. I can train tail wheel at my airport but my dilemma, would that be enough for a first flight in a plane I built. or do I build a nose wheel and switch to tail dragger when I get more hours?

Default Re: license question number 2

Quote Originally Posted by nidaho View Post
    I have decided to take ground school and get my license. question now is what to do about tail wheel training, I heard that a lot of new pilots ground loop there plane on the first flight, don't want that. I see stick and rudder require, I think 100 hours nose wheel to train someone in tail wheel or I would have to get my whole license thru them. I don't think I can get my whole license from them, time away from work wouldn't work for me. I can train tail wheel at my airport but my dilemma, would that be enough for a first flight in a plane I built. or do I build a nose wheel and switch to tail dragger when I get more hours?
    Every single pilot trainee in tailwheels until almost 1960. Flying is flying. Sure, there's a few more things to learn about landing a tailwheel but it's 100% doable if you want to go that route.

Default Re: license question number 2

Here is a flight school in your posted hometown AND they have a tailwheel airplane.
    http://northernair.biz/flight-training/
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy