Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kitfox 4 classic build

Default Re: Kitfox 4 classic build

CoClimber thanks the the advice, I am an eaa member I'll reach out and see if I can get some advice.

After a lot of cleaning and three through coats of paint I THINK I got MOST of the fuselage painted. I honestly found overspray on my credit card that was in my wallet in my pocket.

Started installing the rudder pedals tonight.

This kit I bought doesn't have the seat pan anymore, I'm assuming it's similar to the one in my model 6 so I'm thinking I can make one. Does anyone happen to have a picture of a model 4 seat pan handy so I can see thediffrences?

This is the only photo I have of the seat pan.
    Hope it helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Completed my Classic 4, May 2003. It had std wings. speedster tail.
    912 UL Rotax. Sold to a person in Spain.

Completed a Skybolt December 2018

Thanks taff! That's perfect!

So i've gotten to the point where i need to install the elevator push/pull tube, and realized i don't have the tube itself. By measuring the i.d of the midship bushing and the o.d of the inserts to that tube i'm guessing it's 1 inch .035 wall 6160 which would leave just a little wiggle room for the structural adhesive. Can anyone confirm this before i order? i'm Also missing the foam that supposed to be shaped around the aft end of the horizontal stabilizer, Can anyone point me to an acceptable substitute? So far those and the seat are the only pieces i've found missing so all in all its going well.

Thanks!

Yes, the elevator push-pull tube is 1" dia, 0.035 wall. Be sure you don't pull rivets in one end until the tube is installed in the fuselage. Ask me how I know...

Re shaping the stab, elevator and flaperon tips, I used Owens Corning pink rigid insulating foam from Home Depot (I had half a sheet laying around). It cuts easily (if messily) with common wood tools. I roughly shaped it with a coarse rasp, then decreasing grades of sandpaper. I sanded it under-size, then applied a coat of Hysol to form a hard shell. That was also shaped with the rasp and sanding, followed by a couple coats of Super-Fil and more sanding to achieve the final smooth shape.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

God I love this forum. THANKS Eric!