Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kitfox 4 classic build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Kitfox 4 classic build

Thanks for all of the tips. Based on everyone's responses i'm going to give the gun and the hysol cartridges a shot, thanks for all the feedback and the links.

Quote Originally Posted by CoClimber View Post
    I'm assuming you were the lucky bidder of that recent auction in VA. Congratulations. In case you are new to the the homebuilt scene, when I bought my Model 2, I got caught in a disaster of a problem with the airworthiness certificate. You won't have that problem because you are clearly building more than 51%. Just make sure you are documenting the build. My concern with that auction was with the registration. The FAA needs a continuous trail of ownership from the factory to you. I'm hoping that the original owner had the bill of sale from the factory and signed it over leaving the buyers name blank for you to fill in.
    I definitely got no such document, thanks for calling that out this is something i'd rather think about now rather than down the road when I think its ready to fly. Does anyone have any suggestions on how i should proceed? the man that bought the kit has been dead for three years i doubt i'm going to have any luck retrieving any documentation.

Thanks!

If you aren't in the EAA, join now. Next, call them. What I ended up doing was taking parts from my Model 2, buying a bunch of other parts (Model 4 flaperons, nosewheel assembly, etc.), fabricating a bunch of parts (Model 4 ribs, etc.), then registering the airplane as a parts built aircraft.

Good luck and do deal with this now.