Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rudder trim

Default Rudder trim

Not a moderator or anything, but I've read the last few posts in "John's build" and decided to start a new thread. I didn't want to hijack the current posts, but others can feel free to steer this one anyway you want to. I have a need for some rudder trim on my Kitfox 4, I'm needing to ride the right pedal a bit, and the first thing I tried is shortening up that cable just a bit. It's kind of natural to want to keep both feet even in cruise. I haven't flown yet cause of the snow storms and then sloppy conditions on my strip, but I'll see what difference this shorter cable makes. It should cause that pedal to ride just a bit higher. Another thing I'm going to try is a slightly stronger spring on the right side pedal to put just a bit more pressure on that pedal. I can try different strength springs as well. If I have to put a tab on I will, but want to try these options first. One at a time though to see what does what. JImChuk

Default Rudder trim

If you get to the point of adding a trim tab, this thread is a good discussion of examples.

https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/thread...udder-trim-tab
    Michael Meyers
    KF IV
    Las Vegas, NV

Default Re: John's Build

Agreed, Polytack would be too permanent. I like the idea of the double stick tape, I used clear RTV.

Do trail runs using tape till you find the right size & length.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016