Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: czech built zenair floats rigging

Default czech built zenair floats rigging

Hello. ive got a kitfox 4-1200 and recently purchased a set of used czech built zenair 1150# amphibs. problem is, no manual, instructions, and i believe the wrong rigging. anyone have a similar setup they are willing to share info on? im waiting to hear back from zenair via email but their faq section says they dont support the czech built floats. help. Paul

Default Re: czech built zenair floats rigging

Nightmare (Paul), did you get any info?? I have had my model 4 on czech amphib 1150's for many many years. i purchased the floats and all the rigging for a kitfox 4 from a fellow not far away so it was a no brainer for me. Have you checked czech floats web site?? Harbor Sport Aviation has some good info on float rigging(www.harborsportaviation.com) that could also look up. I could provide any measurements for you if you like and pics for that matter. Robin

Thank you so much for replying. I'm out of town now. When I get back to the hangar in a few days I'll reassess what I have and have better questions for you if I can't find the answers through those resources you mentioned. How do you like your setup? Do I need to reinforce anything while they are off the plane? Paul

No reinforcing needed. Maybe tonight I'll try and uploading some photo's of my install and if not if you want you could also PM your ph contact so I could send them that way. I love my set up, I fly off a 1000 ft grass strip off my farm, nothing like the best of both worlds!

I sent a pm. Also if you have documentation/ instructions on how the plumbing of the hydraulic gear is setup, angle of floats compared to wing cord/undersurface, the tail fin size/mounting, where the step should be positioned......

Hi all. I would be interested in this info as well. I have a KFIV and there are a set of Czech 1250’s for sale here in Mi. To my knowledge they are not currently set up for the Kitfox. Thanks in advance.