Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Odd amperage voltage indicators

Default Odd amperage voltage indicators

Have the Dynon D-180 and find it to be fine. However, on occasion I will get notices of Hi or Low amperage as well as Voltage. Am using the factory Dynamo on 912 ULS as well as the Ducatti regulator. Asked a mechanic about it and he said, "It's a dynamo and Ducati, live with it". all of my digital instruments and radios have operated fine with no anomalies. Should I continue to "Live with it" or consider an upgrade to B&C Gen and Reg.
    Opinions and or Sage advice heartly accepted. North Idaho

Default Re: Odd amperage voltage indicators

Jeff, I’m certainly no electronics expert but when my Ducati regulator/rectifiers failed, they always showed symptoms of sporadic over voltage readings first. Lost three in one year on my previous 912 uls. It was never the Rotax stator causing the issues.
    Sorry I don’t know a thing about the B&C regulators but will give one a try if my new 912 uls ever cooks the Ducati reg/rectifier.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear