Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Rotax 912 oil tank

Default Rotax 912 oil tank

Morning all,

We have an aircraft based on a Kitfox IV which has an old style oil tank, circa 1995 (part # 956-137), profile drawing.

I am looking for information / pictures of the internal construction of the tank prior to removing it.

Kind regards,
    Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Rotax 912 oil tank

are you still wondering? mine is apart, but thought I'd ask before going through the process of taking and moving digital pictures around

Evening atosrider,

Thanks for the offer but we removed and cleaned the tank two weeks ago.

It is quite basic compared to the new oil tank.

I have a new oil tank to install in a KF4. John said it has to be cut down to fit. Anyone have pictures/drawings of how that is done?

Thanks in advance,

Mark Napier
    Building a KF IV Classic

I have the same issue. How did you resolve the shorten the oil tank issue? T.W.Sullivan ( corditer@aol.com )

I should do some measuring before I comment, but I never had to cut my tank down on my Kitfox 4 rebuild. I made a box that went back in the firewall and mounted the tank there. It is kind of tight, but you can get the top off for oil changes. I used a couple of aluminum angels cut on one side to match the tank curve and the fasten to the back of the box. Two heavy duty hose clamps hold the tank to the aluminum angels. Of course with mine, I don't use the tank brackets that come from Kitfox for the motor mount. JImChuk
    Attached Images Attached Images