Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: G3x or GRT? with apex install

Default G3x or GRT? with apex install

Hi folks,

I am looking for input on what the advantages are in one over the other. I'm mid way through my STI build and I am fairly committed to using a yamaha based Apex engine. From what I can tell these two systems are fairly similar with the only differences being that garmin links well to garmin products and GRT uses other sensors.

I plan on using Bryan Dacus with the AEM engine monitor so that doesn't play into the decision process. From what I understand, the garmin AP servos are smoother when not in use, vs the resistance that the GRT servos have.

The price seems very similar in these two options but is there something I'm missing? I would like to be IFR capable in the future.

Thanks, Kelpy

Default Re: G3x or GRT? with apex install

The Garmin servos have zero friction when the AP is off. The servos are super high quality and comparable to the certified ones. I would highly recommend the Garmin servos.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016