Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your process for changing the oil on the 912ULS

Default Re: What is your process for changing the oil on the 912ULS

Murle told me using the choke with the non-ignition spin works like the primer on a Continental. It atomizes fuel in the venturi. This is with no throttle so not much fuel is available. When I turn ignition on i advance the throttle 1/4 inch. Engine starts smoothly at circa 2500 rpms that I bring back to 1800 until I start to see the oil temp come up then i warm up more at 2000.
    EAA, AOPA
    KF5 (N49FK & N36KJ)
    Phoenix, AZ

Default Re: What is your process for changing the oil on the 912ULS

Thanks for explaining, Maverick. I hadn’t really been aware of any starting problems... maybe I’m just lucky. It gets kind of cold here in Colorado sometimes, especially up in the mountains, and I honestly haven’t had any problems with starting. I apply the “choke”, throttle closed or cracked just the tiniest bit, and it starts almost instantly - every time. I am in a heated hangar that’s kept at 40 deg., I have the same results though when away from home, parked on a cold ramp. Knock on wood.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime