Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Coolant Overflow Bottle?

Default Coolant Overflow Bottle?

Has anyone replaced the coolant overflow bottle? What was the replacement? I ordered a 250ml bottle on Amazon, but it is slightly too big in diameter for the bracket and the nozzle is a smaller ID too.

BTW, I am looking because I had a similar experience to what @Wheels had here: https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/thread...t=coolant+leak

I still had some tape on my radiator from winter ops, because I haven't figured out what the right amounts are yet. However, for some reason I thought it was time to test out the climb rates on the new 912/IV set-up. When I pitched up for Vx I started seeing white smoke. I quickly landed and removed the top cowl and saw that the overflow bottle had popped and sprayed coolant over the cylinders.

Default Re: Coolant Overflow Bottle?

The ROTAX 922-327

912iS has this part number. It is certainly available through Kitfox I would think. California Power Systems has it as well. Not inexpensive considering what it is.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thanks Eddie, but I'm flying the IV which uses a medical wash bottle. The other is probably better, but $80 vs $5 is pretty hard to swallow and I don't think there is room for it on the firewall.

bottle.jpg

I used an aluminium drink bottle. Try relocating the original mount lower on the firewall. There is a specific size tank recommended on a rotax site? My original tank warped from the heat and was barely big enough.

I used this one, works fine for me!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

amazing prices, only 175% higher than other suppliers .. there must be something available in north america ... thanks for the failure story, I wanted a new bottle for my project but of course, rotax marks things up even more than amazon, purchase hesitancy strikes again ...

I have used this in my last two planes.

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...1559&catid=934
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Tried a couple of Amazon purchases, but neither fit. Spent $12 trying to avoid paying $22 from Kitfox. Now I have Kitfox P/N 49016.000 on it's way. Guess sometimes its better to just pay the 4x normal price.