Quote Originally Posted by rc300xs View Post
I appreciate your input and thank you! I thought I was alone on this.

To sum it up, if the winding maintains continuity with the armature I’m sure there’d be hundreds of hours trouble free operation.

I also completely disassembled the planetary, cleaned and lubricated. Turns much easier now.

Pelican PL
912ULS
Murle Williams through hub mod (highly recommend)
IVO 70” medium 2 blade
I might of stated all I did, but I got a motor from IVO with a black case at the time, the casing had scratches on it, but all internals were new, rebuilt. I installed the motor and took everything apart on the gearing and cleaned with brake klean and put my universal synthetic lube on all gears, inspecting the gears the 3 top gears closest to the motor was wallowed out in the center, replaced those. Now I haven't had any trouble in a long time now, this was at least a year ago I did this. I fly over a 100 hrs a year on this plane. Now interesting is also the prop had much more movement, it went to a finer pitch, crazy. changed much faster as well. My thoughts is with the white grease it was causing a bind in movement and causing electrical strain. meaning it was causing more amps through the wiring. I had problems with the screws loosening for the brushes in the motor, about every 5 hours I would have to remove the cap and tighten because it quit. than the screws would strip on the end for the driver. what a mess, than the motor would quit all together, the armature was shot. I was totally ****ed. I haven't had a trouble in a long time. I feel good.