Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Mille Lacs lake Iceport flyin tomorrow (March 6 2021)

Default Mille Lacs lake Iceport flyin tomorrow (March 6 2021)

Looks like it's going to be a nice day tomorrow to fly down to Mille Lacs lake for the ice flyin. I'm on skis, but I'm guessing it will all be bare ice with the warm weather we have been having. Here is a link the the announcement. Below that, a video from last year's event. I plan to fly there with my Kitfox 4. Say hi if you see me! JImChuk

CreateLift Aviation LLC - Posts | Facebook

ICEPORT 2020 - YouTube
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Mille Lacs lake Iceport flyin tomorrow (March 6 2021)

Great photo Jim👍 Have fun.
    I’d take a couple 2.5 lbs walleyes if you got time to cut a hole 🕳 in the ice and snag a couple. 😉
    I miss those Minnesota walleyes.
    E2DD9FB1-3E4B-463F-9CD0-020F26FC00A2.jpeg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Well it was a great day for the Iceport flyin today. At least 150 planes, 40+ degrees, light wind. My flying partner and his 8 or 9 year old boy flew our Chief, and I took the Kitfox for it's first cross country (all of 100 miles one way :-) I only saw one other Kitfox there, a real nice looking Kitfox 4 with big tires and a Revmaster VW for an engine. Didn't see the owner or see him take off, so not sure how it performed. Looked nice though. It was such a nice day that when we got back to my place, we took a little break and then went out and flew till dark, shooting landings on local lakes. Well to those that didn't make it, you missed a nice fly in. JImChuk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow Jim that looks like a ski pilots dream . what a great turnout on a nice looking day, thanks for the pictures. Bruce N199CL