Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil cooler installation photo

Default Re: Oil cooler installation photo

Thanks for the picture Chuck, exactly what I was looking for. On your hose routing, are you coming from the tank, through the cooler, through the thermostat, over the top of the motor into the oil pump and finally back to the tank?

Mine is setup with a cooler laying flat on top of the motor ,in the return line. I don't think this is correct and my cooler doesn't do squat because no air flows through it, hence the reason I am changing the setup.

Thanks,

Scott

thanks for the info . guess ive heard of engine balancing but didnt know how it was done . i guess at 300 a wack and two planes , it wouldnt take too many balances to pay for the gizmo
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

steve , another picture of the cooler . the hose going to the t at the pump inlet from the aft side is from the thermostat . the routing is from the tank outlet on top of the tank to the thermostat , from the thermostat thru the cooler to the pump inlet or the thermostat bypasses the cooler to the inlet of the pump . hope that helps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa