Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912ULS Radiator Hose Replacement $100

Default 912ULS Radiator Hose Replacement $100

I have a 912ULS with 450 hours, but the hoses were approximately 10 years old. Hoses in good shape, ends were brittle and had to be cut off. I bought 2 meters of 17mm ID hose from Lockwood Aviation and 2 feet of 1" ID hose from the local auto supply. In removing the hoses I discovered that 3 of the 17mm hoses had been replaced with 3/4" ID (19.05mm) heater hose. Due to the larger size of the hoses screw pipe clamps, instead of the stock spring clips, were used to hold them on. The 17mm hoses are a snug fit, so I will continue using the spring clamps. The only issue I had was installing 2 hoses from the filler reservoir to the heads. The hoses are about 10 inches long and make a 70-90 degree bend. The 17mm pipe kinked so I looked for some preformed hose online. The closest I could find was Gates Part# 24081. It has an ID of 17.27mm, so pretty close. The hose is about 30" long with several bends, which I can cut to size to make 2 hoses. I do think a 5 year replacement cycle is short.
    George
    Granite Bay, CA.
    Kitfox Light Squared
    912ULS Tri Gear

My YouTube Channel

Default Re: 912ULS Radiator Hose Replacement $100

On the 912ul I had one 90 degree bend. Gates 19489

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b.../19489/4326713
    Building a KF IV Classic

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Default Re: 912ULS Radiator Hose Replacement $100

Some have used a stainless steel coil spring on the outside or on the inside to keep hoses from kinking.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW