Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fueling Equipment

Default Re: Fueling Equipment

Thanks John. I saw that decal on a gorgeous, white Kitfox and got permission to use the artwork for my own decal!
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Shutterstock has it as a vector image, but it's available elsewhere as a PNG. If you want to have a decal made, get the vector so it can be enlarged without loss of resolution.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

As I detailed in a post, many moons ago, Shutterstock is where I got the design. I had it on my airplane quite awhile before Kitfox announced it as their new logo. No one but some local friends and family had seen it on my plane at that time. As I said to John McBean, “I guess great minds think alike”. The Kitfox announcement was a little bit of a shock to me, as I had been searching for something I liked that was different from everyone else. Obviously, my mission failed. I waffled between the horizontal and vertical versions (I have both), but ended up doing the vertical one, because I didn’t want to split it between the fin and the rudder.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

For operating on floats, I use plastic 5 gal. (imperial) can with the vent cap. I put an air valve in the vent cap and made a brass washer with nipples on both sides and added appropriate lengths of inlet and outlet hoses. I also soldered a copper wire to the brass washer and ran a ground wire up the hose with a grounding clamp attached to the wing tank filler hole. Simply attach my little car tire inflator compressor and in about 4 - 5 mins. all the fuel has been "pumped into the wing"....(about the same amount of time it takes to siphon it in from the top of my ladder in the hanger. Of Note: when all the fuel is in the wing, you must not shut off the compressor before removing the hose into the wing tank, or it starts to siphon back into the plastic gas can.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is really cool.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

I agree. Now if I could only source ethanol free fuel.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I agree. Now if I could only source ethanol free fuel.
    Eddie, that will be almost impossible in California. About 5 years ago I found a website that listed ethanol free fuels, back then there were few sources in California... mostly farming centers and boat docks. I checked in the last year and there no sources for ethanol free fuel in California. Now your only choices are 100LL and UL 94.

Ralph

Ethanol free gas . Try this App or website "pure-gas.org"
    I noticed that is isn't up to date but it does have phone numbers you can call
    Kenz
    Kitfox V Safari
    GRT Sport 10.1
    Lycoming O-320 -160 hp