Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Airventure 2021

Default Re: Airventure 2021

I missed a capital letter in the link. It's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF_zvRX4o-Y.

Rick

Rick, I replaced the dead link with the correct link in the previous post so both should redirect properly now.
    Thanks for the info on the 2021 AirVenture NOTAM. Also thank you for your long term service at the EAA AirVenture grounds. Much appreciation to all the volunteers. It doesn't happen without each and every one of you.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thank you sir. I'm very interested to see what"s happening on the grounds and like I said I'll report back.

Rick

Just returned from Oshkosh work weekend. Biggest info items we were made aware of: Currently expecting at least and probably more attendees than 2019. At present time, masks recommended in high traffic areas but NOT required. Exhibitor space is close to being sold out. Non-aviation exhibitors have been moved out of Hangars A,B,C and D and moved to Fly Market or repurposed new exhibit hangars. Property has been purchased south of the ultralight area with the idea of moving Fun Zone activities to it thereby increasing activities on ultralight runway. EAA really trying to emphasize the early purchase program (you get wristbands in mail about 2 weeks prior) to limit congestion at entry points. Also many improvements (at least what they hope are improvements) to parking, tram and shuttle bus service.

About 50 volunteers showed up for the weekend. I spent yesterday morning helping with the construction of planters, the rest of the weekend was spent constructing 26 charging stations. Next weekends crews will be working on making 300 (yes 300) sanitizing stations. This weekend another crew was busy installing plexiglas partitions at the entry points for wristbands.

The calm before the storm.

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bumsteer; 06-06-2021 at 03:36 PM.

Thanks for the update Rick. Glad the exhibit buildings are going all aviation venders.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

This sounds great. I have not flown in as I am always looking for parts and pieces for projects of L-birds that I am involved with. Perhaps when my Fox is finished I'll take that flight. I believe we will all be surprised by the turn out (large) this year, folks want to move on with their lives and be involved with their hobbies and addictions. My love of planes and building and restoring is an addiction for sure. I am looking forward to seeing and talking with many of you in July.

Hopefully somebody can answer this question. Camping, can I prepay and make a reservation or is it first come, first serve and pay when I get there?
    Thanks!
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

You can prepay but you can not select your site until you arrive.

Dave

This is my take on how it works. As flybyjim stated, for general camping you can prepay but it is first come, first served. Camp Scholler opens on Jul 2. If you or someone you know who lives in the area can get to the campground on 7/2 or the date you selected, you can stake out your space but you start paying ($28/day) from that day whether you're there or not. In my case, I prepaid from 7/21 til the end of the show. If I don't get there until the 23rd the 2 days I missed are not refunded ( at least it wasn't a couple years ago when I arrived late). If you have deep pockets, you can select (online only) a reserved electric/water site starting 7/2. Even at $70/day, these go relatively fast. As I said, this is my understanding on how it works. You can always call EAA and get definitive answers. Camp Scholler also has the Express Arrival program, so if you prepay you will receive credentials in the mail allowing you to bypass registration lines. Also, if you're unaware, if you leave early, you can get a refund for unused days (3 day minimum charge).

Rick
    Last edited by bumsteer; 06-08-2021 at 06:18 AM.

I ordered my weekly ticket and camping last evening. The site is easy to use except I could not find a way to combine both types of purchases at check out so I made two different transactions. I have a couple friends that have booths there and their early take on this is: This year will be bigger than 2019 at least with USA attendance, international visitors are still a guess. I am planning to get there several days before the show starts, I have some business to attend to around the area.