Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Airventure 2021

Default Re: Airventure 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar56 View Post
    Planning to be there this year working the South40 aircraft parking. Honestly, I have a feeling it will be empty as it is an overflow used only when all other aircraft parking is full. Working on having the trailer and the Kitfox for exhibition in the Ultralight area.
    I dont think it will be empty. If sun-n-fun was any indication, it will be full!
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

I'm planning on flying my Fox to Airventure for the first time this year and camping. Is there a collective Kitfox parking area by the Ultra-light strip or does everyone just park where-ever? I've been looking elsewhere but can't find any mention of it. Any tips for the newbie would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Ryan Orr
    N740RR - Kitfox SLSA

Youre always welcome at the Ultralight Field.

(That’s where all the cool kids hang out.)
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

For those of you lucky enough to be flying to Oshkosh, the NOTAM for Airventure has been released and can be read or downloaded at EAA.org/NOTAM. Sounds like many changes have been made, including effective dates (starts Thur. 7/22).

Rick

Is it pretty straightforward finding a spot to airplane camp by the Ultralight Field? I'm planning to arrive the Saturday before the show starts.

No powered taxiing in the area off the landing strip, but they have a couple tugs to help move you to a parking spot, where under-wing camping is allowed.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Thanks for the info! Hopefully see you there!

FYI, on 6/23 from 7-8:30 PM CDT, EAA will have a webinar "Tips For Flying Into Airventure 2021". From what I see the main item will be the new transitions on the Ripon arrival. I assume this is to avoid a repeat of the 2019 free-for-all. Link can be found under "News and Media" on EAA website.

Rick

Hoping to fly in as well...
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Although I'm not flying in, I watched a video that was mentioned in the EAA forums about flying into the airshow when the NOTAM is in effect. If I got this right it's https://youtu.be/PF_zvRX4o-Y. If I messed it up , on the EAA website under News and Media go to Discussion Forums and click on Airventure Oshkosh and then Oshkosh Arrival Video. Veteran flyers into the show may have different opinions but I believe it would greatly benefit first-timers. I'll be at Oshkosh next weekend for a volunteer work weekend and I'll report back on what I see and hear.

Rick