Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Airventure 2021

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Airventure 2021

Dave

This is my take on how it works. As flybyjim stated, for general camping you can prepay but it is first come, first served. Camp Scholler opens on Jul 2. If you or someone you know who lives in the area can get to the campground on 7/2 or the date you selected, you can stake out your space but you start paying ($28/day) from that day whether you're there or not. In my case, I prepaid from 7/21 til the end of the show. If I don't get there until the 23rd the 2 days I missed are not refunded ( at least it wasn't a couple years ago when I arrived late). If you have deep pockets, you can select (online only) a reserved electric/water site starting 7/2. Even at $70/day, these go relatively fast. As I said, this is my understanding on how it works. You can always call EAA and get definitive answers. Camp Scholler also has the Express Arrival program, so if you prepay you will receive credentials in the mail allowing you to bypass registration lines. Also, if you're unaware, if you leave early, you can get a refund for unused days (3 day minimum charge).

Rick
    Last edited by bumsteer; 06-08-2021 at 06:18 AM.

The camping area are getting very full here already. I arrived on Thursday morning and I’d say it was 2/3rd full. Some changes have been made in site availability depending on how you camp. Where I have set up for the last 20 years has now been made tent only area. This morning, Friday there are some campers coming in but not the usual long lines. Pre-registration may be working well? If you are looking for mutable sites together that will be challenging, that is why we (4-5) camping families come early. It is a great vacation with lots of down time. Looking forward to seeing you at the burger night.

Finly arrived early this morn. Although advertised to open at 6 camp registration didn't open til 7. Was pre-registered so entry was quick once open. Further out towards Cedar/Cottonwood and out to hwy 41, fairly wide open but steady stream coming in. Several . camp stores advertised to be open today weren't. Decent wx but quite humid.

Rick

Still quite a lot of space available out towards hwy 40. Raining this morning and this has pushed back mass arrivals til later in the day.

F1B93790-CA56-4F23-BA1E-4FC42C06E6A0.jpg
    C11B77FF-30B0-4E20-928D-4DFACF21090B.jpg
    As close as I could get to Scrappy. Crazy crowds. Crazy aircraft.😎

E275AE0B-3063-4B2A-8410-D47544CA404F.jpg
    Rex’s beautifully builr Kitfox.👍

552D84F9-5408-4ABA-A47A-35581592EDBA.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Everyone here stay alert this afternoon. Under enhanced possibility of strong-severe tsorms with tornadoes possible.

Rick

Kitplanes' coverage of Kitfox Aircraft at OSH '21:

https://www.kitplanes.com/meeting-th...rcraft-family/
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

Felt like it took forever to get here, and in what seemed liked the blink of an eye, Airventure was over. Let the countdown to 2022 begin. July 25-31. Hope all can make it.

Rick