Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airbnb cabin with runway

Default Airbnb cabin with runway

remove is this not approved. I have some land in island park idaho and we are building a Airbnb cabin. The land has a subdivision but also comes with an airstrip. Does anyone on here have an idea if this would be appealing to aircraft owners out there and how can i best market that to them. I would love to own a kitfox one day (hopefully sooner than later) and this was a good selling point for me when we purchased the land.

Thank you for your time!

Default Re: Airbnb cabin with runway

Im in. Let me know when your build is complete.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

That’s intriguing... depending on price. With only 2 seats, not much need of a large cabin. Good luck, keep us posted...

Unless you and a buddy, or a few buddies, all have a kitfox and plan on renting it, then there would possibly be more staying. I rented a cabin this last weekend, it was only 1000 sq ft and could easily sleep 10 people comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    Im in. Let me know when your build is complete.
    I will keep everyone updated. We will break ground in the spring and the cabin will be around 2800 sq ft. I would love to get the word out when we get closer and maybe offer discounts to anyone flying in to the area in order to get the word out. Price will depend on the market but i think it will be reasonable. If you all want to look at the satellite image the the cordinates are as follows. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!!!
    Lat / Lon N: 44.43751°, W: 111.48774°NAD83 UTM Zone 12 X: 461185, Y: 4920583
    NAD83 Idaho East (ftUS) N: 1010599, E: 833495

Damn, when did 2800 ft^2 become a "cabin"?

I've been in the Island Park area on a hunting trip. I love the area (near the West entrance to Yellowstone for those that don't know). I've seen land for sale that was supposedly airpark land but the images didn't look anywhere near a runway.
    Kitfox 5 (under construction)
    Commercial SE/ME, CFII

Here's a link to that location on Google Maps. Might be a bit easier than trying to figure out Google's preferred format for LAT/LONG.

https://goo.gl/maps/Pv7jVoQGBmDXZF7b6
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

I like the idea and it's only 2.5 hours from where I live. Is there already a runway? I don't see anything on the satellite image or on my flight app.

FYI there are already lots of lodges & Airbnbs within a mile of there too. Nice location being close to Yellowstone.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by PapuaPilot View Post
    I like the idea and it's only 2.5 hours from where I live. Is there already a runway? I don't see anything on the satellite image or on my flight app.
    There is a runway but it doesn't show it on the google imagery so if you look at the GIS page for freemont county it will show the runway and the outbuilding that is there. This subdivision is the only one that has access to the runway currently but yes there are several other cabins in the centennial shores subdivision that back to the reservoir.

https://maps.greenwoodmap.com/fremon...s,ownass,roads

I remember flying over that area on the Saturday fly-out at the last Kitfox Factory Fly-in.

Ralph