Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Super Sport build.

Default Re: Louisiana Super Sport build.

Quote Originally Posted by Benbell4140 View Post
    I agree!! However, it’s been so hot and work has been so busy. But I’m looking forward to fall, winter, and spring! Maybe she’ll make it to the airport before next summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We also have had a hot spell for the last month and work does get in the way of our hobbies. haha. Cooler is coming, I hope! Hope to fly alongside you someday.
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Sold Piper Archer
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5A...oCVUP15G0uB-Yw

Hi Ben,
    I am currently rebuilding a SS7 with a Continental 0-200! A friend of mine had an accident with this airplane and gave up flying so I ended up with this project.It was originally a tricycle that he converted to a Taildragger so I don’t have the proper written balance for this Aircraft. Have you flown your aircraft yet or do you have any weight and balance done? Will you have to add tail weight and how much?I am currently taping the fuselage and was wondering if I need to make access in the tail for added weight. They had The battery in the tail along with 7 lbs. 10 oz. ballast. I’m planning on putting an X earth battery right behind the baggage area and using ballast were needed. I might also convert to the T3 tail wheel assembly also. I am also needing a prop and was wondering how you liked your DUC?
    I really enjoyed your YouTube channel and your posts on team Kitfox! Thank you for sharing!
    Stephen Martens
    Stephenmartens7@icloud.com
    308-353-1900

Hey Stephen! I sent you an email.

Ben Bell
    Building 7 super sport
    O200 powered

Hello all, I’ve been checking in on the forum every morning but haven’t been very active. I’ve been so busy with “life” and work that I lost interest in the kitfox and actually considered selling the project. However, I recently started looking around the shop and I can now feel the kitfox bug again. Hopefully I’ll have some more progress pictures soon. I did do a little fitting on the wingtips this weekend and it felt good to be back on it. Anyhow I just figured I’d give an update on my build.

Ben Bell
    Building 7 super sport
    O200 powered

Lose interest? Say it ain't so Ben. You've got such a great airplane there and you're so close to flying it!
    Kitfox 5 (under construction)
    Commercial SE/ME, CFII

Yeah man....don't quit. That feeling of "I built it, and now I am actually flying it" that only like .000034 % of the general population gets to feel, is so worth it.

Thanks guys. I’m looking forward to getting back on it consistently here in the near future.

Ben Bell
    Building 7 super sport
    O200 powered

Just get in the shop every day, if possible, Ben. Even if it's to square away your build area.

I'm on year 4 and somedays I just don't feel it as well, but after a good day it feels really good to make some progress.

Hang in there!
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint

I’ve been jumping around working on different things while waiting for supplies to come in to finish each individual project. Here are some random photos to keep the log somewhat up to date.

Ben Bell
    Building 7 super sport
    O200 powered

Looking good! Getting close!