Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAINEiac STi Build

Default Re: MAINEiac STi Build

Your build is looking good Mark!
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Sold Piper Archer
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5A...oCVUP15G0uB-Yw

Making continued progress. The control column is in. Took it in and out 4 times. It much better, but still not perfect in my opinion. I used Harlan’s idea of shimming the bearings halves. The bellcrank bearings pressed in with no issue. I did have a slight issue with the aileron bellcrank spacing. The bottom tab was welded slightly high, and at a angle, so no matter what I did it was not turning freely. I ended up using a washer on the top of the bearing, but nothing below as that was where the pressure was coming from. So when you get to that part, the washers are only to be used in top and bottom as shims, if necessary. I just finished the flap/aileron mixer last night. Will go in today, after I install the pin straps.
    I want to thank Harlan, Darrel, Win, David, Joe, Aaron, and John for answering my emails/texts when I have a question. I really appreciate that.
    Building
    Kitfox 7STi
    Oratex

Nice work, and good steady progress. Keep it up!
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

I’m continuing to plug away. Here is some of what I was able to accomplish this past week. Last night, I installed the two elevator control rods, and now have elevator control working. Very exciting stuff! It works very smoothly. Baby steps, I know, but pretty cool to see it coming together.
    Building
    Kitfox 7STi
    Oratex

It’s been a bit crazy with work so not as much progress as I’d like, but here’s what I have done as of now. A few more weeks, and I should have some more work time. I found the front floorboard where the rudder pedal assembly attaches, is not plumb. I will have to shim it or I’m sure it will bind like others have found.

Also had to ask if the instructions had changed on p. 37, where it states to use a rivet not supplied in my kit. Says if using prefab parts, use a 1/8x1/8 SS rivet, builder fabricated parts use 1/8x1/4 AL rivets. I am only provided with AL rivets. Aaron told me the page has been updated in October. Just curious if others have this page?
    Building
    Kitfox 7STi
    Oratex