Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Formula power engine

Dundee,(Weston)NY and Hernando ,( Holder) Florida

Default Formula power engine

I have a friend looking at a Kitfox 4 -1200. I fly one w/ a Soob so he asked me for advice. This bird states on it's ID pad that it has a Formula Power Engine. This somehow seems a bit familiar from 20 ???? yrs ago, but I can find no info. Any info or thoughts appreciated. Larry

Default Re: Formula power engine

I've got a damaged Murphy Rebel with a Formula Power engine. Yes, 20-30 years ago they were one of the 'Name' brand Subaru conversions. The engine were built by Rebello Racing out of California. Not cheap!! I think they were around $12-13K+ in the 90's. The guy that built the Rebel, said he loved the engine, smooth running, easy starting and efficient on fuel. I may still have some of the advertisement literature in the box of papers.

Know anyone interested in a damaged Murphy Rebel...I've got too many projects that will never be finished in my lifetime! LOL

Dundee,(Weston)NY and Hernando ,( Holder) Florida

Default Re: Formula power engine

Thank you for your help.I was building up my own Soob EA81 about that time and did a lot of research. Formula Power sounded familiar.
    Larry