Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airworthiness Certification

Default Re: Airworthiness Certification

Just went through the certification process (Jan '21) with a very experienced (1000+ planes) and helpful DAR. In Dec he sent me a paperwork kit with the required forms and his instructions on how to fill them out. Much of the information had already been printed on the form. I didn't even know about the online process until reading this thread. He must have taken care of that part himself. Airworthiness was issued on the spot along with paperwork and instructions to apply for repairman certificate. All in all, a very pleasant experience.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Again congrats on your Airworthiness Certificate Carl. You have a real airplane today.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

My airworthiness paperwork was all done ahead of time. The DAR (not from local FSDO) has a website and everything was checked out before we met at the airport.
    I set up a ZOOM meeting with a gentleman from the FSDO for my Repairman’s Certificate. That process went very well and I received a temporary certificate, the final was “pending” until it was approved by the FAA. It took five weeks to receive the Repairman’s Certificate card. It looks a lot like your PPL and lists the airplane and serial number.
    Joe Gallagher
    Flying 7SS

http://frontierfox.home.blog

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrybark View Post
    Just went through the certification process (Jan '21) with a very experienced (1000+ planes) and helpful DAR. In Dec he sent me a paperwork kit with the required forms and his instructions on how to fill them out. Much of the information had already been printed on the form. I didn't even know about the online process until reading this thread. He must have taken care of that part himself. Airworthiness was issued on the spot along with paperwork and instructions to apply for repairman certificate. All in all, a very pleasant experience.
    How long did it take the FAA to take the next step after you filled the online?
    Mike Kahle
    Jackson, MO
    IV Classic 582
    RV-12is building

Filed an application for my Repairman Certificate on Wednesday and was issued the temporary card Friday morning. North Texas FSDO would have issued the card Thursday but were delayed by an accident investigation. I was floored by the two day turnaround.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

My DAR was waiting for me to finish in the portal. Once it was done, he called the FSDO the next day. I got a green light email from the FSDO in 2 days.