Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: What tools do you carry in your plane?

Default What tools do you carry in your plane?

Another message causes me to ask a few questions regarding tools you might carry in your plane.
    1. What tools?
    2. Where to store them safely?
    3. What extra parts might you carry?
    EAA, AOPA
    KF5 (N49FK & N36KJ)
    Phoenix, AZ

Default Re: What tools do you carry in your plane?

I carry a complete set of tools for all the general servicing that I normally do on the plane ...
    Socket wrench set, screwdrivers, nutdrivers, safety wire, cutters, tape, locktite, Spare
    plugs, etc. Short of lifting the plane and replacing a wing I have all the tools in a small toolbox.

Also a ziploc full of common bolts, nuts, washers, tailwheel sash chain, spare tail chain springs,
    cotter pins, wire, splices, ring terminals, etc.

I also carry chocks, and ropes for tiedown, and a cover for the plane. Also a complete first aid kit.
    I have tiedown rings on my baggage floor and I have a combination of a cargo net, and bungee
    cords to keep everything tied down.

My feeling is that even on a local flight, if I have a problem I want enough stuff with me to either
    fix the plane, or leave it overnight, properly tied down at another airport without worries.

I don't worry about the weight, since it's really not that many pounds ...

Jeff